After a long week being gone from the California warmth I am back and with loads of yummy gluten free and dairy free recipes to share with you. I have never cooked and baked so much in an entire week but boy was it fun! Over the next couple weeks I'll be posting all the yummy goodies along with recipes and many reviews of new products that I got to try. First recipe that I am going to share with you though is for one of my favorite types of cookies. This recipe is for flourless mud pie cookies. I had never made these before but they turned out great! The recipe was easy to follow and quite delicious. Below is the recipe. I found there was not a lot of batter for this recipe I was only able to make 9 cookies so make sure to double it if you need more.
1 1/2 cups icing sugar/powdered sugar
1/3 unsweetened Cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1 or 2 large egg whites at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used enjoy life chocolate chunks)
1. Preheat oven to 350* F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
4. Add the vanilla extract, the egg white and whisk until you obtain a thick but moist batter. If it seems for thick add another egg white.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and they begin to crack.
7. Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet with a spatula. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to three days or freeze.