If you have celiac disease or a gluten allergy then Smokin Bowl is your place to go in Rohnert Park. At first glance you would never know that this place is 100% gluten free, soy free and peanut free! This is great for those of us with food allergies. They were even very accommodating in letting me know what could be made dairy free. I ended up with the Asian Chicken Salad and a side of fries I split with my BF. The bowl portions were plenty large enough to fill you up and the fries were crispy. Keep in mind that if you are vegan there are not very many options for you. The fries are fried in beef fat and it seems like the menu has a lot of animal protein. The Harvest Bowl does state that it is vegetarian and to me it seems like it is likely vegan. No guarantees though, I would ask to make sure. Overall this place is great for those of us with celiac disease and they have a great variety of choices.
As we start out the New Year I would like to point out some of my favorite finds and snacks from 2017. I have come across loads of new snacks this year and would hate for you to miss out.
1. PopCorners by Our Little Rebellion: This has been one of my favorite chip type snacks this year. I found these corn pop style chips at Sprouts and have been addicted ever since. They come in many different flavors, all gluten free and many dairy free. My favorites so far have been Salt of the Earth, which is just a basic salted variety and Carnival Kettle, which reminds me of kettle corn. The other two dairy free varieties are Sweetly Salted Caramel and Sweet Heat Chili. I definitely want to get my hands on these, they sound divine. You can buy these chips HERE on their website or at your local grocery store.
2. Vita Mix: My summer was filled with acai bowls and I can thank that to my Vita Mix I purchased in May. Definitely the best investment I have made when it comes to a kitchen tool. I use it all the time to make smoothies, blend soups, make cashew cheesecake, etc. The uses for this blender are really endless. It is a rugged machine and can really pulverize anything inside. What I really like about it is that the blades are not sharp, they are dull and the motor crushes the ingredients inside with torque. If you like to be in the kitchen a Vita Mix is a must. I got mine from Costco and thought it was worth every penny. Definitely worth checking in too if you are in need of a blender.
3. Pascha White Chocolate Chips: Now ever since I have been dairy free I have searched far and wide for a gluten free and dairy free white chocolate chip. You would think this should be simple but so many have cross contamination issues that I almost gave up completely on my search. Pascha though gave me hope when they released there white chocolate chips! I was so excited and immediately purchased a bag and to be honest I probably went through at least a bag a month this year! They are so good and work perfectly in my sweet Chex mix. Even my family loves them. I buy mine from Vitacost.com but you can also buy them through Pascha Chocolate directly HERE. Definitely give these a try if you are missing that white chocolate for your baking needs!
4. Vermont Smoke & Cure: These meat sticks are DELICIOUS. They are a great snack when you are on the go and want something quick and filling. What is so great about these is there entire facility and all of their products are free from the Top 8 Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, and Soy. Their products are also gluten free, and contain no MSG. Their meat sticks come in 8 flavors. My favorites are the Honey Mustard Turkey, Beef BBQ and the Original Beef & Pork sticks. You can learn all about their products HERE on their website. I promise if you are a fan of jerky you will love these for snacking.
5. Very Berry Cherrios: When I saw these on the shelf I knew right away that I would love them. They are the same goodness that Cherrios always have been but also have a blend of natural berry flavors which include strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. These are gluten free, dairy free, no colors from artificial sources, no artificial flavors, and no high fructose corn syrup. These are great to eat on their own but I personally make my sweet Chex mix variety with these! They are the perfect flavor to have in a Berry Chex mix that includes the Pascha White Chocolate chips. I dust through a box of these Cherrios and always pick them up from my local Target. Definitely a must try if you are in to Cherrios!
Make sure to learn all about my favorites through 2018 by following me on other social media platforms below!
Knead No Gluten - Providing reviews, recipes, and more!